1. List one book you think everyone should read this year. (if you mention my book for brownie points, please list a second book as well)
Stolen Sharpie Revolution
2. What is your favorite thing about your hometown?
which one? I'm gonna pick Salt lake and say the mountains and the memories.
3. Incorrectly complete these Fall Out Boy lyrics: "This ain't a scene, it's a(n) _____________" (be creative)
I'll take a line for a different band and change the lyrics to "this aint no fucking Mecca, this place is shit"
4. What would you title your autobiography and how many pages would it be?
Love letters to Irony and it would be a comp of my zines with anecdotes. around 160 pages.
5. What was the best Christmas gift you've received? (ages 15 and under, adult Christmas gifts don't count)
I don't remember. maybe the year my sister and I got the My Little Pony Castle.
6. What's one new thing you learned this week? (they say you learn something new every day, so you should have a few things to choose from)
That people will take a workshop I do because I do the workshop and not because of what I teach. dumb.
7. Open Skype/G-Chat/AIM and type "how's my favorite friend who I haven't chatted with today?" to someone you haven't chatted with at all today. This item isn't a question, just a polite demand to let someone know you were thinking of them.
8. Tell me one really proud moment from your life. (be specific)
When I got asked to go to France for zines.
9. Tell me one really embarrassing moment from your life. (be specific)
Last night I was talking to someone who was in my workshop and I said couscous instead of tabouleh to a woman who wrote a cook book of Lebanese food.
10. Have you owned something for way too long... something you know you should get rid of or replace, but can't? If so, what and why?
I have 10 eye steel toed purple Dr Martens that I got on a trip to the UK in 1995. The polish is all scuffed off the toes from years of wear and lots of shows but I love them... and wear them when it isn't raining because there is a split in the sole.
11. Fill in the blank: Other than this one, _____ is the last blog I commented on.
I don't remember. it was probably a live journal.
12. Do you have any scars? Tell me about one of them.
I have lots of scars on my hands from cooking and oven burns and I have one down my right forearm arm when I scraped it on a screw on my swingset when I was 4.
13. I say "this is not tom", you say:
A. Who the eff is Tom?
14. What do you get complimented on the most? (your looks, your creativity, your impressive collection of black santa figurines)
my zines... they even come in the mail.
15. Paste a link here to your favorite picture online:
most accurate picture of me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexwrekk/3277159313/